Help shape the future of Macquarie Park
The NSW Government is working with City of Ryde Council to develop a long term strategic planning framework to enhance Macquarie Park’s role as a major commercial centre.
The investigation will:
- Identify drivers and constraints to economic growth, including where to retain a commercial core
- Examine ways to improve pedestrian and cycle links
- Explore ways of addressing traffic congestion
- Look at opportunities for more retail shops, cafes, restaurants and homes
- Look at options to improve street activity, including night-time activity
- Identify opportunities for new public plazas, community facilities and open spaces
- Assess whether any new schools are needed in the investigation area
Your feedback will be used to help prepare a Discussion Paper for a Draft Land Use and Infrastructure Strategy, so please complete the online survey to have your say via this link: http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/macquariepark
The community will be invited to comment on a Discussion Paper for a draft Land Use and Infrastructure Strategy later this year. This will inform the preparation of the Draft Precinct Plan.
When the Draft Precinct Plan is finalised, it will be placed on public exhibition and community members will be able to provide comment through a submissions process and community drop-in sessions.
You can contact the Department of Planning at any time if you have any questions or need further information:
Phone: 1300 305 695