Thanks to everyone for taking the time to call in and say hi at Ride2Work Day at Optus and Macquarie University on October 12.
Congratulations go to our Connect competition winners who have all won vouchers to spend at 99Bikes:
- Marcus from Macquarie university
- Ian from Transport for NSW
- Elizabeth from Optus
- Alberto from Cochlear
- Albert from Macquarie University
- Catherine from Hassell Studios
We collected some fabulous feedback on what works and doesn’t work for you when you’re using the cycleways in and around Macquarie Park.
- 67% of cyclists told us they would love to see increased and improved cycleways and road crossings within Macquarie Park to make the daily commute safer. We will be passing this on to the local council and other governing bodies to inform future planning decisions.
- 8% of your feedback was in relation to accessibility and availability of secure bike storage/parking facilities. Transport for NSW is currently implementing secure caged bike sheds or lockers at train stations free of charge to Opal card users. To access the secure parking, you just need to register your Opal card swipe your card to enter and exit the shed. Check it out at www.bikelockers.com.au.
Ride2Work Day was a great opportunity to catch up with long time and first time cyclists over free coffee, smoothies and breakfast while picking up hand outs, goodies and information galore from the various stalls on site, followed by that all-important massage before heading to the office. All in all, a great way to start the day.
We look forward to seeing you at next year’s event.