Explore the precinct by foot
Walk the walk
Including walking in your daily transport routine helps you to maintain a healthy weight, improve your fitness and lower your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis.
Ways to improve your walk
While the minimal requirement to walk is a comfortable pair of shoes, there are a number of things that can help make the journey more comfortable for longer walks.
- Wearing the right footwear.
- Wearing loose, comfortable clothing.
- Protect yourself from the sun with clothes, sunglasses, a hat and sun block.
- Carry waterproof clothing to avoid getting wet.
- Use a backpack.
- Carry a water bottle and replenish your fluid levels.